The costumes are done! Woot!
Things that I have learned (or relearned):
- It takes longer than you think it will.
- It costs more than you think it will.
- Sooner started, sooner ended. And the sad correllary, later started, sooner tearing out hair because time is running short.
- Prep work is usually worth the effort. If you skip the prep work to save time, you'll end up spending more time fixing it. (Translation: iron that fabric, b*tch!)
- Few things are more fun than getting to dress up a cute actress. (Well, as Rick would say, there's always *undressing* a cute actress, but that's really a different species of fun.)
*happy sigh* So, yeah. My house looks like a fabric bomb went off and left shrapnel everywhere, my shoulder aches from feeding the sewing machine nonstop from Friday through Monday, and I have some commission work hanging over my head that I really should start any day now. But for now, I'm DONE, I had a lovely dinner last night, and all is well with the world.